- 1 Can I file I-485 for my spouse?
- 2 Can I file I-485 while outside US?
- 3 Where do I send my Uscis application?
- 4 Where do I file Sij 360?
- 5 How long does it take for the I-485 to get approved?
- 6 Can my wife visit me in the US while I-130 visa is processing?
- 7 Can I travel during I485?
- 8 Who qualifies for I485?
- 9 How long does it take for I-130 to be approved?
- 10 How do I submit documents to USCIS?
- 11 How do I know which USCIS Service Center is processing my case?
- 12 How much does it cost to file VAWA?
- 13 Can I-360 be denied?
- 14 Can I file I-360 and I 485 together?
Can I file I-485 for my spouse?
For purposes of a marriage-based green card, only a foreign spouse who is physically present in the United States can file an I-485 to apply for a green card. The spouse must have entered the United States on a valid visa. In addition, an immigrant visa must be “immediately available” for the spouse.
Can I file I-485 while outside US?
There are no restrictions on domestic travel before Form I-485 is approved. However, travel abroad can affect your pending application and your immigration status. Always check with your transportation carrier to ensure you bring the appropriate identification.
Where do I send my Uscis application?
Please use one of the following addresses:
- USCIS California Service Center. USCIS. California Service Center. Attn: I-765.
- USCIS Nebraska Service Center. USCIS. Nebraska Service Center. Attn: I-765.
- USCIS Texas Service Center. USCIS. Texas Service Center. Attn: I-765.
- USCIS Vermont Service Center. USCIS. Vermont Service Center.
Where do I file Sij 360?
Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ) File your Form I-360 at the Chicago Lockbox.
How long does it take for the I-485 to get approved?
After filing Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status, and related forms, your I-485 processing time can take anywhere from 8 to 14 months. The basis of your adjustment of status (e.g. family, employment, asylum, etc.) will be a significant factor.
Can my wife visit me in the US while I-130 visa is processing?
If you are a U.S. citizen, once you file Form I-130, your spouse is eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa. This will entitle him or her to come to the United States to live and work while the visa petition is pending. Your spouse may wait abroad for immigrant visa processing.
Can I travel during I485?
Is I-485 Automatically Abandoned If I Travel? You can travel and your pending I485 (with or without Advance parole) will not be abandoned if you have one of these visa types to re-enter the USA: Work visas like H1B and its dependent H4, L-1, and its dependent L2. K-3 spouse or a K-4 child of a US citizen.
Who qualifies for I485?
Lawful Entry Eligibility for Form I-485 First, the applicant must be in the United States after being lawfully inspected and admitted or paroled. In most cases, this mean that the individual is in the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa such as a student, temporary employment, temporary visitor or K-1 fiancé.
How long does it take for I-130 to be approved?
For immediate relatives (spouse, parent, or child) of a U.S. green card holder (legal permanent resident), processing times for Form I-130 currently vary between 13.5 and 19 months. For immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen, I-130 processing times currently average 15 to 20 months (as of June 7, 2021).
How do I submit documents to USCIS?
Tips for Filing Forms Online
- Step 1: Create a USCIS online account if you don’t already have one.
- Step 2: Select “File a Form Online.”
- Step 3: Complete all sections of your form.
- Step 4: Upload evidence.
- Step 5: Review and digitally sign your form.
- Step 6: Pay the filing fee.
- Step 7: View appointment notices.
How do I know which USCIS Service Center is processing my case?
You will know which center is processing your case by looking at the first three letters of your receipt number on your receipt notice. If you are waiting for your case to be sent to your local office for an interview you must review the processing times for your local office by city and state.
How much does it cost to file VAWA?
8. How much does it cost to file for VAWA protection? There is no fee for filing a VAWA petition. If a petitioner chooses to have a lawyer help with the petition the alien may have to pay attorney fees.
Can I-360 be denied?
Lying on VAWA Application Could Lead to Deportation You will likely be charged with fraud as a reason to deport you and be put in removal proceedings. Even if your I-360 petition is denied based on a reason other than fraud, the USCIS can still charge you with fraud.
Can I file I-360 and I 485 together?
Eligible non-immediate relatives may file the Form I-360 concurrently with the Form I-485 only if an immigrant visa number is immediately available. 245.8 are eligible for concurrent filing of the Form I-360 along with the Form I-485 for adjustment of status.